If the IRS or State has notified you or your business that an audit is pending, it can be a daunting prospect, especially if you have no previous experience in dealing with this type of challenge to your tax returns. However, an audit is not something that you need to be afraid of, but it is certainly wise to seek professional representation.
What can I expect with professional representation through an audit?
By retaining a professional tax representative to become involved with the audit, you or your business will first turn over all communications with the IRS or State to the team representing you. The professional tax representative will then work with you to compile all the records and documentation related to the areas of your tax return being questioned through the audit. An audit response will then be compiled in an organized, timely, and strategic manner with the goal of best representing your position.
Who Can Request an Audit Reconsideration?
You can request an audit reconsideration if you disagree with the results of an IRS or State tax audit. It is the less formal option available to you before taking the more official route of submitting an audit appeal. A professional tax representative can help you or your business request an audit reconsideration under the following circumstances:
- If you were not present at the time of the audit,
- If you changed your address and did not receive the notification letter about the audit,
- If you have additional information that was not presented during the audit that may change the outcome,
- If you disagree with the tax audit results from the IRS, or
- If the IRS created a substitute tax return because you did not submit your tax return.
If you request an audit reconsideration but the outcome is unsatisfactory, the next step would be to pursue a formal audit appeal through the IRS Office of Appeals or applicable State office. This can seem overwhelming and a little intimidating, which is why many people choose to enlist the help of a professional tax representation service like Golden Lion Tax Solutions to advocate for them throughout the process.
The Benefits of Professional Representation
It is your right as a taxpayer to have professional representation from a professional tax representative to act on your behalf during an IRS or State audit. This is clearly stated in the IRS’ Taxpayer Bill of Rights and supported by the States. There are a number of benefits that you can take advantage of when you choose to seek professional representation rather than going it alone. Let’s take a look at some of those:
- A Better Understanding of the Audit Process - One of the main benefits of having a professional tax representative engaged during an IRS audit and any subsequent reconsideration or appeal process is that it will help you gain a better understanding of audits. At Golden Lion Tax Solutions, we emphasize educating our clients because we believe that knowledge is power. We will help you understand the process and why the IRS has made the decisions they have. Not only will we help to resolve this tax issue, but we will educate you so that you can avoid future problems down the line.
- Save Time - Another benefit of having professional representation is that it can help to streamline the process. Nobody wants an audit to drag on for months on end! Since professional tax representatives have a vast experience with the procedures and documentation required, they can resolve issues quickly and efficiently using tried and tested strategies. We don’t want you losing sleep over tax debt, so we will work on finding a resolution as quickly as possible to give you some peace of mind.
- Reduce Your Stress Levels - An audit can be stressful, especially when you are trying to shoulder it all on your own. The IRS and States can be aggressive in their approach, and you may feel under pressure when your lifestyle and finances are put under the microscope. However, you don’t have to take up this fight alone. Golden Lion Tax Solutions is here to advocate for you and guide you through the process. Let us carry some of the burdens, lifting a great weight off your shoulders.
- Save Money - If you are not responding to IRS or State audit notifications, whether it is out of fear or simple procrastination, you will find that the fines and penalties can begin to mount up very quickly! This need not be a concern with the right professional in your corner. We won’t be intimidated by the IRS or State and will fight to get you the best deal that works for your current financial situation, resulting in lower repayments and fewer penalties.
- Protect Your Rights - You deserve protection for your future and your finances. Just because you made a mistake or took bad advice in the past doesn’t mean you do not have rights when dealing with the IRS or State. We will support you through the audit process and advocate for your rights while we find the best resolution for your particular case.
Trust. Protection. Wisdom.
Your future and your family deserve the right protection. Golden Lion Tax Solutions will be your advisor and confidant throughout the entire journey. We guarantee to offer you or your business best-case solutions for your tax debt. We are by your side every step of the way. Start now and get your life back.
For help with your tax debts, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 833-LION-TAX (833-546-6829)
Disclaimer: There are requirements that must be satisfied in order to qualify for some of the tax solutions we discuss on our website. Not all of our services will be suitable for every client. Golden Lion Tax Solutions is here to help you find the most appropriate solution to fit your situation.